Rent a Car in Portugal
|Minimum car rental age in Portugal:||18 Years|
|International driving permit (IDP):||Required|
Book a cheap car rental through vipcars.com for your next vacation to Portugal. We are associated with internationally renowned car rental brands such as Hertz, Sixt, Europcar, and Enterprise to provide you with the cheapest and best prices on car rental.
Portugal has one of the best networks of roads in the world, which is another reason to rent a car to explore this country. Our booking form is very simple yet advanced so that you can book a car rental in just a few minutes. Having an independent vehicle in a foreign land will make your holiday a very easy affair. Use our user-friendly selection filters to compare and choose the most suitable car rental for Portugal. You can pick up and drop off the car rental at any of the major locations in Portugal.
While booking, you just have to pay a small partial amount through our secure system. Enjoy the complimentary fee inclusions and tour Portugal with the utmost comfort. Our wide fleet of cars belongs to the best car manufacturers like Volkswagen and Renault.
Car Rental Portugal with VIPCars
- We are a trusted brand for car rental services for more than 150 countries across the world, where we have served over 1 Million+ customers.
- You get to book the cheapest car rental from the topmost suppliers in Portugal.
- Booking a car rental from VIPCars lets you add on extras like Booster Cushion and Navigation System (GPS) to your car rental. Many free inclusions like taxes, airport surcharges, etc, are included in the price.
- With us, you can modify your booking at any time.
- We offer 24/7 customer support through different platforms such as WhatsApp, direct call, email, and live chat.
Popular Car Rental Companies in Portugal
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Car Hire
- Europcar Car Hire
- ACE Rent a Car
- Sixt rent a car
- Rent-a-car Bravacar
- Firefly Car Rental
- Dollar Car Rental
Car Rental Fleet Options in Portugal
Economy Car Rental
Economy cars are nimble, gas-sipping, and pocket-friendly. Cars like Fiat Punto or Volkswagen Polo, are ideal for short trips, they are easy to park and have good luggage space.
Compact Car Rental
Compact cars are efficient vehicles with ample legroom and luggage capacity. Usually, compact cars are small 4-door hatchbacks with great fuel efficiency like Renault Megane and Ford Focus.
Standard Car Rental
Small families or passengers requiring more legroom and comfort should opt for a mid-size car like Chevrolet Cruze or Toyota Corolla. This fleet mostly consists of sedans at the most efficient costs.
Minivan Car Rental
If you are traveling with family or a large group of passengers then go for a van like Renault Grand or Volkswagen Transporter as these can accommodate around 7-15 passengers.
Where can I pickup a car rental in Portugal?
- Lisbon Airport (LIS)
- Faro Airport (FAO)
- Porto Airport (OPO)
A few driving tips for Portugal
Side- Portugal drives on the right-hand side of the roads.
Speed- The speed limit in built-up areas is 50 km/h while on motorways it is 120 km/h.
Identity- Portugal requires the drivers to carry a photographic proof of identity at all times of driving.
IDP- You would require an international driving permit to drive in Portugal.
Car rental tips for Portugal
- Portugal has an extensive road network with many highways being toll roads. You can pay the toll by cash or credit at the booths or through a transponder linked to your bank account.
- The minimum age to hire a car in Portugal is 18, with a driving license held at least for a year. The requirements vary according to the supplier and the category of car. Drivers less than 25 years old, will have to pay a young driver’s surcharge.
- Park your car rental at the official car parks or the metered parking bays. Do not use a cell phone while driving, unless in hands-free mode. Wearing a seat belt is mandatory for all the passengers in the car and kids under the age of 12 years are not allowed to sit on the front seat of the car.
- To fully explore Portugal, you should rent a car, especially, for touring the countryside. In Portugal, most of the car rentals available are with a manual transmission but with VIPCars, you can easily choose from a wide variety of cars with either a manual or automatic transmission.
A guide to Portugal
Portugal is a developed nation with a great economy and high standards of living, with Lisbon as its capital. It is one of the most peaceful countries in the world and is famed for one of the best road networks in the world.
10 must-see points of interest in Portugal
São Jorge CastleR. de Santa Cruz do Castelo, 1100-129 Lisboa, Portugal.
Oceanário de LisboaEsplanada Dom Carlos I s/nº, 1990-005 Lisboa, Portugal
Quinta da RegaleiraR. Barbosa do Bocage 5, 2710-567 Sintra, Portugal.
Livraria LelloR. das Carmelitas 144, 4050-161 Porto, Portugal.
Batalha MonasteryLargo Infante Dom Henrique, 2440 Batalha, Portugal.
Boca do InfernoAv. Rei Humberto II de Itália 642, 2750 Cascais, Portugal.
Gare do OrienteAv. Dom João II, 1900-233 Lisboa, Portugal.
Casa da MúsicaAv. da Boavista 604-610, 4149-071 Porto, Portugal.
Berardo Collection MuseumPraça do Império, 1449-003 Lisboa, Portugal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the most popular location to rent a car in Portugal?
Airport locations are the best and most popular locations to rent a car. In Portugal, the most popular airports are Lisbon Airport, Porto Airport, and Faro Airport.
How to rent the cheapest car in Portugal?
VIPCars.com has the cheapest car rental options available online. We guarantee you will find the best prices with us where you have the option to put desired filters and compare from the widest fleet of cars.
How old do I have to be to rent a car in Portugal?
You have to be a minimum of 18 years old to rent a car in Portugal. Though renters under the age of 25 years have to pay a young driver’s surcharge.